Halloween, Pumpkins, & Candy, Oh My...

Ive mentioned in previous blogs just how much I love this time of year...the crisp cold weather, the turning of the trees, the hot coco and of course the pumpkin pie...yum! It’s all so scrumptious.

I love decorating during this time of year and preparing for all the trick or treaters. I get so excited to pass out candy and see what all the neighborhood children dress up as. My husband and I pass out candy together and usually cook up a cozy fall-inspired dinner while watching Tim Burton’s, Nightmare Before Christmas. (One of my favorite movies.)

We haven't carved our pumpkins just yet since we are saving that for Halloween this weekend but we did decorate our home. I love finding new decorations each year to put up. The vintage-esque looking ones are always my fave.I found some neat ones the other day while out and about. These handmade “spooky cat” blocks are pretty clever. Each set contains six different antique looking postcards when placed together. Another new find that I love is our clown-head figure with the 31 painted on him. (It opens up too, so it’s perfect for candy.)

Of course no October is complete without a trip to the pumpkin patch...so we spent an afternoon there picking out pumpkins to take home.

Wishing you all a happy and safe Halloween!

1 comments:

Post a Comment